Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My perfect day


My perfect day... oh that is a hard one. Wait a second; I have already had my perfect day! My perfect day was in Rome two years ago. It started with waking up to a crazy Italian lady yelling outside the window. Hm.. not how you would imagine the start of a perfect day huh?? You might say, "Wait a second here, how could you hear someone outside shouldn't you be in a hotel?" HA NO! That is why it was so amazing, we were in an apartment, but not any apartment, we were in a 200 year old apartment that was in the right smack center of the city right next to the Vatican. The apartment had that musty smell that just added to the apartments "antique feel." The hallways were about two feet wide, and the kitchen... that was a whole new adventure.

After waking up to the lovely shrill voice of a lady outside the window, my family decided to take a short stroll to an bakery to get our breakfast. I never knew that on a walk I could learn more about the ancient city then I would on a tour. We bought our breakfast from a quaint little Italian bakery that had, what it seemed like, a vast variety of pastries. It was so hard to choose which one to buy since they were all screaming, "Eat me I taste as good as I look!" In the end I bought an apple croissant, and when I bit into the buttery crust the warm sugary apples came seeping into my mouth.

From the bakery we decided to take a local bus to a chapel in Rome that was all made of its dead member’s bones. Creepy right? It ended up being one of the neatest places I have ever been to. With its chandeliers made out of arms and skulls of all shapes and sizes lining the walls, it was hard not to gasp in awe at the sight before you.

After the tour through the Capuchini Bone Chapel in Rome we spent the day walking around the city and marveling in the wonders of Rome. Towards the end of the afternoon we ended up at the Trevi Fountain and decided to get gelatos from San Crispino which is known for its classic pure gelatos.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. One day soon I'll go to Italy, and I'm sure I'll have a day as perfect as yours! You're a babe. haha cool post ;) -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy. I would be too creeped out to go inside the Capuchini Bone Chapel, but I bet it was really cool.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a really good writer, this was really fun to read. I'm so jealous you went to Rome! This sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete